Product Design Intern, San Francisco, CA - 27. syyskuutata 2018
- Great place to work
- Incredibly conducive work culture
- Awesome perks: free snacks, catered lunch and dinner, commuter benefits, travel reimbursement, fitness and personal growth reimbursements, great office view
- Social events: Happy hour, team outings, special intern events, lunch and learns
- Competitions - Hackathon
- Talented colleagues - There's a lot to learn from everyone and co-workers are extremely supportive
Not many, in my humble opinion, except that works hours aren't fixed so one might lose a little bit of work-life balance if assigned multiple tasks or projects. Although personally, I don't mind this at this stage of my career but it might concern a few people.
Advice to Company
Wish could use a few more seniors on board. There are a lot of interns and young people who are new to the field and it always helps to have a senior leadership to provide better direction to the mission and long-term goals.
Nature of Work
- Challenging projects - There's a lot to learn in the e-commerce space as the company prepares to lock horns with the giants such as Amazona and Alibaba
- It's a mecca for data people. The company is very data-driven and projects center around GMV.
- Don't expect a lot of meetings. Engineering teams mostly believe in focused work and you won't find a lot of people chatting or talking to each other. But again there is very different for social media or growth team.